A cheap and fully solution for water irrigation based on Arduino. Automatic controller for irrigation easily programmable (it’s scheduled for 2 times every day).
For the Control-Box:
- 1 Box (in my case I reused an internet modem)
- 1 Arduino UNO
- 1 Battery 9V (for arduino) or usb power supply.
- 1 Battery 12V (for valves) or electricity supply.
For each allotment/garden:
- 1 4N25 Optocoupler (optoacoplador)
- 1 Electric Solenoid Valves 12V (water valve 12V) 1/2’’. Important: Closed by default. (About 4 EUR in eBay)
- 1 Switch on/off
- 2 resistor 220Ω
- 1 Valve box (water-resistant)
The code is designed for watering 5 sections (different allotments), 2 times every day. Nevertheless, arduino code is easy to understand/change.
Also, the box include and on/off switch (as ‘brigde’) for watering manually.
- In this case, both power supply (valves and arduino) are independent. The main reason is due the Arduino count-down is reset in each power cut. Also, the arduino reached high temperatura with 12V. At home, USB power supply is the ideal.
Electric Solenoid Valves
1 Electric Solenoid Valves 12V (water valve 12V) 1/2’’. Important: Closed by default. (About 4 EUR in eBay)
GPL (GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE) - Open source